R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New to 1/8 scale nitro
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 02:59 AM
vladconnery
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I have never had a out of the box new car. It's to easy to find good deals on basically new cars. I would not buy used over the internet that's a crap shoot. My rules are if I cant see it before I buy it it's a NO!!!! Chassis wear is a dead give away to how much run has been put on a car. Might of fact that's my #1 pet pet peeve. I don't want a scratched up chassis. I generally always look for a used car with spare parts. Engines are a definite never buy used what ever gallons they say they got on it. You can square that number and times it by 3!!

The easiest cars to find good used deals on. Are when new models come out everyone rushes out to buy one. Just to find out that model is not for there driving style. Those things be on sell like there going out of style.

Never buy used = engines, servos there life expectancy is short to start with.

Buy used with caution = cars and radios there life expectancy is long especially when well taken care of. No matter how good the used car appears to be. Always take it completely apart and reassemble. replacing all bearings and fluids even if the fluids appear to be fresh. If your not willing to do this part RC is not the hobby for you.