R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8 Nitro's & Electrics...Can they race together?
Old 07-29-2009, 04:54 PM
EvilDylan
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Dude - as I know alot of factory drivers - alot of them dont like the electric 1/8 either - they just HAVE to run them........ At every track I have been to - and I have been to quite a few around the world, I have yet to see a electic out run a nitro on the track - yes electric are faster, but regardless, not on a track - not to long ago there was talk between some nitro guys and electric guys and the E guys said they would lap the nitro guys hahahahahaha - the E guys (4 of them) didnt even finish the race. 2 of the Ebuggies just cut off in the middle of the track. can you say (FLAMEOUT) HAHAHAHAHAHA and the other 2 just didnt have the battery - until the E craps can finish a 20 min main at the lease - they shoud not mix the classes and until they run a main longer than 10 mins people should not even buy them - $200 for a battery and it over heats in 10 mins - thats BS

Plus - look at the performance - a buggy can only take so much power - with nitro - a good driver pushes their buggy to the max in handling and suspension, they work to keep all four wheels grabbing the ground. I know electric guys have have to constantly replace gearing because they are over powered with no slip

Eletric class / Nitro class - PERIOD

And I'm sure you are a favorite among the plethora of pro drivers that you know since you have such a calm and collected personality. Are these posts how you really talk in real life? Why don't you have a beer, think before you post and try talking like you would in a normal conversation in the real world, then more people might take your posts a little more seriously. I just read this entire thread, and I noticed from your very first post that you are a blowhard.

Now listen to what I have to say because if you don't you will be on the receiving end of some very difficult to swallow (for you especially since you are obviously biased) butt thrashings by the hand of an electric driver in the near future.

There is no standard rule that says electric can't be faster than nitro PERIOD, is it all up to the driver. I'm sure you know this since you are such a seasoned veteran of the racing universe. I'm sure you've seen many many examples of drivers driving the same buggy, truggy, what have you with different motors, making different power in different parts of the power band winning and losing. You have to have seen this in your worldy travels right? It's the same concept with electric versus nitro. A nitro vehicle handles differently than an electric, and it takes the driver of said vehicle to make the appropriate driver corrections to pull off consistent laps. Sometimes an electric will pull faster times than a nitro, and just because you haven't ever seen it doesn't mean it hasn't ever happened. I actually recall a losi factory driver coming to the track I frequent and laying a stone cold whipping on the rest of the buggy class in his electric Losi.

I race every other weekend at the club level, and I am no where near as fast as the nitro guys right now. I'm getting better, but I often find myself wishing that I had the torque of a nitro so I could manage the power better. I don't know how many times I have screwed up a line and had to single a jump rather than double it because I just cant get enough traction to get enough speed to clear the jump.

As far as your ill thought out comments concerning battery run time, you are wrong again. I am running 1/8 scale truck with the 2200kv monster mamba and I can easily run a 15 minute main with NO stops for a battery swap. There is a little wonder called parallel. In fact I'm pretty positive I can get 20-22 minutes out of those packs as they aren't even near their cutoff voltage. Guess how much I spent on my two batteries? 80 dollars for BOTH. All it took was a tiny bit of research and faith on my part and I found great success. I think you should probably familiarize yourself with the research aspect since you rambled off some arbitrary 200 dollar figure. Sure some may pay that much, but that's their perogative. It's also the perogative of the club owner as to whether or not nitro and electric run together PERIOD.

Tell you what though, if you're close to alabama, you are welcome to come to cullman and prove to us that no electric has ever beaten a nitro cause I'm willing to bet money you're wrong.

Enjoy the education.