R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Giorgio
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok, let's talk about my last race. Usual combo:
Losi Jrx-Type R, Tekin RS (198) + Tekin 4.5, 94/18, with Matrix foam tyres (we use them also outdoor) starting from new (62 ish) down to 60mm dia, LRP lipo 5300 25C.
Fan on the motor, fan on the esc and an extra capacitor 16V 2200

Only 4 guys lapped in 20lap, and I was one of the 4 (last one), so I grabbed a nice place for the main.
Motor used from the three were: feigao 4.0, 4.5, Novak 4.5. A common note all with blue esc, one was the SXX.

Annoying fact were somehow the usual, "lack" of top speed and "lack" of acceleration. Only from the slowest turn I was "da man", thanks the superior traction of the Losi.

Clear enough, when I say "lack", I mean something relative... Otherway no way to be on the 20 laps...

Box chat with the other "fast" guys, one switch from Speedpassion (sponsored driver) to Sphere TC, and the other one from Tekin to SXX. This one say there was no comparison with the SXX and the Tekin (he grabs me out the flowing turns...).
He was also sharing with me the same impression: the tekin esc (almost regardless the motor used) "switch" on "soft" in the second half of 5 minutes (and is not battery related).

A note: brake behaviour was perfect, due the fact we 4, we were very close, with an almost continuos battle, it was mandatory, avoid to "touch" too much. brake was perfect, braking hard, w/o wheel stopping.

My Rs was as follow:
Drag brake 25
Reverse 100
Brake strengh 100
Neutral 10
Motor BL/FW
Throttle profile 3
Voltage 2
Push off
Timing 15
limit Off
dual mode

What I'm doing wrong?
Are really the blues so superior?
How can I avoid this "softy" esc in the second half of the race?

Oh.... I grab the second place