R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hemet R/C Raceway
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 09:07 PM
d8racer
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shrekito
I am starting to get the feeling that the "new" Hemet R/C is starting to become more of a 1/8 scale track.And less and less 1/10 scale friendly. I mean seriously I heard for at least a month about how the little track was going to be re-done. It that re-done? I looks like the track took all but an hour to create. I under stand times are tough and all. But were is that money going that we pay? I mean there isn't any lights on the 1/10 scale track.And don't give me that "use the big track crap" the larger track is a 1/8 scale track. It seems like the people who are running the track are more excitied to be in "charge" then actually promoting and improving the track. I hear on this forum all the time how if you want to know what to buy or run go ask your track. Which he had no clue on what the track was running as far as classes. I mean come on the guy taking the money didn't even have proper change. I guess that night was six dollar practice. Isn't the land and the lights being loaned to the track? So the people collecting the money shouldn't they be using the money to improve the track? Have you seen the tables? I am scared to put my stuff on them.
Wow looks like you have no clue what it takes running a track. where else can you drive for 5.00 for practice and 10.00 for racing? is there not lights{power} and a water bill?? and an out house bill??the turnout is not that big in hemet anymore. mike puts alot of time and out of pocket money into the track so we all dont have to drive 45min to get to a track. oh and dont look past 5,000 for amb equipment +$$ for laptop and program. also what about the cost for the tractor to build the track, and all the man power to build it.mike is new to running a track and he is doing a good job! if you were HURT over something you should have taken him aside and told him your thoughts. he is a nice person and always open to new ideas and thoughts.
this is just my 2 cents
i know what it is like to run a track been there done that for 2 years..