R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - WHAT WOULD YOU PREFER??!!!! Kyosho v1RRR or. Mugen MTX4 or team magic G4RS
Old 07-27-2009, 05:30 PM
gtrmx
Tech Adept

I have driven all versions of RRR's for the last five years. And i love them...

But I just bought the new G4RS 09 and from the first time it hit the track I was totally amazed!!

Just this last weekend I had a three day event at a track I only visit once a year.

After only making a few setup changes to my G4RS from box stock, I was able to go much faster than ever before and even posted the fastest lap of the A-main. I DNF'd because dust found its way into my engine after using the wrong air filter oil...

I felt very bad because I was in serious contention for the win but mistakes cost badly in this hobby.

Anyway, I recommend the G4RS 09!!! You cannot go wrong with it!!!

Local hobby shop support can be a problem with TM. In my home town there is no local support for any brand, though, so I always stock my own parts. I would have to live with the problem regardless. Thus my current stock of RRR parts worth nearly US $1000. I am sure I am not getting all that money back now...

As for the cost of the parts, they are the cheapest along with Kyosho, if not cheaper.

Belts are extremely durable, plastics are very good, car is lightweight out of the box. Mine is 1700, ready to run with body and transponder. I am not using low profile servos or such. I have not yet used titanium screws or lightweight pivot balls, which will greatly reduce more weight.

The car has very interesting features and plenty of options are on the way...