View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 11:26 PM   #4
adamge
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mrrc, I agree with you. The point of qualifying well is to give yourself an advantage in the race. What's the point of qualifying better than the next guy when he can just dive bomb the first corner and take you out?

You guys usually have 8-10ft between cars? I'm pretty sure the races I run at, it's more like 6ft. This idea that everyone has to be on the back straight is ridiculous and arbitrary. Giving some meaning to qualifying should take precedent over that arbitrary factor.

Expanding on the idea, personally I think that the process of 3-5 rounds of qualifiers and 1 round of mains is also a poor format. We spend 80% of the race day/weekend/week to come up with advantages that any driver can nullify and overcome just by executing a simple dive bomb. Drop qualifying down to 2 rounds in club and 3 rounds at big events, and use the leftover rounds to run multiple races that really mean something.

-Adam
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote