R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - does anyone know how big the order will be
Old 07-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Frank L
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s porter
IMO the Speed is not worth the extra money...Both make great useable power, but the JX has more grunt on the bottom. With the right clutch, pipe, and restrictor it is hard to tell the difference in the two on the track. I did not get great life out of my Speeds for whatever reason. My JX's however get well over 6 gallons usually without needing bearings or losing compression. Get the JX and put the money elsewhere..
I have a speed and I love it, but I was wondering if there was a noticeable difference. I bought the speed and an EB mods head button (another 55 bucks) and I love it. So there's 475 for the speed and 55 for the button. Thats a lot for an engine. But so far I have 3 gallons on it and it feels great, I did replace the front bearing but I expect that from any engine every 2-3 gallons.. Tuning is excellent and power is unbelievable, especially when the straight is long enough for it to open all the way up.

What pipe do you suggest for the ninja in a 8t 2.0? Right now I have a mugen 2042 and L shaped header on the speed.