R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Hebiki
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billythekid
Thanks for the photos, Tom. Currently, I use side way tapes to secure the SMC packs.

Honestly, I am quite dissapointed that after lipo has become the standard for years, HB has yet to come out with a practical solution for lipo. I have been waiting and waiting, hoping HB has been working on a good solution that doesn't require their customers to make time consuming customizations. And yes, I am very dissapointed. The unsymetrical upper deck that they just released is simply an ad hoc bug fix, which doesn't really resolve the problem for securing lipo packs. What are they thinking? Now I feel like I am at an disadvantage driving a Cyclone. I truly hope HB will come out with a more thoughtful solution very soon. Is it really that difficult?
can you REALLY tell the difference btw a symmetrical and asymmetrical top deck? and if you can tell the difference, that means your a TOP LEVEL PROFESSIONAL driver so one of two things happen....

1. you get your stuff for free... and/or
2. you dont run lipo b/c all you run is mod and thats 5cell nimh at the worlds level so the top deck doesnt affect you anyways...

i really doubt your driving skills are high enough to notice the difference. you're not Hara, Rheinard or Masami....