R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - eZRUN brushless system
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 11:48 PM
yeahbaby
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by gixer
Great stuff thanks.
Few questions though please.

So the motor turns don't really mean anything then?
I should purely go off the Kv motor rating?

As is probably obvious i'm new to elec RC cars, but my understanding was the lower the number of turns the faster the motor?

If that is the case wouldn't the 5,5t be a hell of a lot faster than the 9t?
In brushed motors the fewer the turns the hotter the motor, brushless is really rated on KV and not turns, I suspect that hobby wing tried to assist in conceptualizing what performance you'd get from what motor in relation to brushed. I consider the 13.5t motor about the same as my 12t oem motor in the Slash, the real difference in the two is that I can run as much volts as I like through the brushless with limits only on heat motor and esc wise and what the esc can handle.

The 9t is rated at 4100 KV (rpm per volt) and the 5.5 is 6000 KV, you might find that the 6000 kv motor is too fast for your current setup and you would have to gear down, in addition this is the hotter motor of the two and will demand more amps at any level of operation, conversely the 4100 kv might draw less amps and you get 45 minutes of run time but you maybe would rather have wanted 20 mins of pure power and speed, remember that there is also the gearing factor, @30k on 7.4v odd on the 4100 kv it might be just a drop in with no gearing change from stock, but the 6000 kv (44400prm) might require you go down on the gearing.

the 6000 kv will be impressive on 7.4v, the 4100 (9t) will be good as well, a lot faster than you're used to, and even faster on 11.1v (so would the 6000 kv)......
I guess what I am trying to say is that both these motors would be a good setup for your touring car - you just cannot go wrong either way, it's all down to your choice now

I am considering another motor for the slash and to be honest I am seriously looking at the 5.5t......

Last edited by yeahbaby; 07-23-2009 at 01:35 AM.