R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What happened ???
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 11:06 PM
PowerHouse
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Alot of great points everyone. The way i look at it I guess is every sponsorship I have or have ever had came with a contract to sign and a list of do's and dont's that the company you are representing want you to follow. Most sponsorships want you to have a good attitude and a positive image on and off the track and most want you to report back with race results and product testing information that will help both the company and the racer succeed. Yes, I do belive alot of people think they are "sponsored" whether they really should be or not, BUT I also believe that there are alot of people who are just proud they have good equipment and good people taking care of them whenever they need help and that alone will speak volumes when they are trackside and someone takes notice and asks "WHERE CAN I GET ONE OF THOSE!!!!!" It takes team effort to represent a product well and my hat goes off to all of those who have supported me and who have made my engines look good all over the world and yes, I take care of those who take care of me. I am with you Monty, I also believe it should be earned and not handed out. Too many people want something for nothing but I am old school, you have to prove what you say you will do for the company before receiving the benefits. I have been burned a few times over the years by guys who get stuff from me promising the world and I never hear from them again. Unfortunately the few bad apples wreck it for everyone but I guess you really find out what people are made of and you also get to see who you really want on your team.