R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 06:15 PM
gdux
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Very well put! I'm in the process of finding that out know! Also meeting/mixing it up with other people your not used to racing with greatly attributes to improved driving and set-up knowledge! I have learned so much this year and (I think) have improved drastically from past years! Again very well put!
Gixx, Sorry I haven't been on here since Ed last response... There is no doubt about any of it!!! You get to run with people that you are not familiar with and are forced to adapt to what they are giving you. Running against the same guys all the time on the same track only helps because it's ultra competitive, requiring consistency... Which is the Key. Slow is fast, Smooth is Faster

I have a suggestion to throw in the box for a way to draw racers back out. Have some type of a Big event... Build a fresh track (Local Racers should help as much as the owners) and come up with some kind of trophies or awards of somekind for the whole A main's. Make sure the novice/younger racers all get awards. Maybe even some existing racers get some older cars up and going and have them ready for people who bring newbs to watch. They are the future of the hobby, what better way if they go to watch but are offered to drive... Find a way to draw local publicity so that people know to come and watch (post flyers or have your kids tell their friends, even the internet forums). Maybe build it up as a Pa State Championship, RC Pro doesn't have one for us, and you guys are a centrally located, neutral track It'll take some work but yins guys have to pull together and make things better han what I'm reading,was hoping to come out at some point this summer...

BTW check out www.tkocompetitiondev.com for all of your Ball Bearing needs. There's more than just bearings though.