R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 08:14 PM
EJ20
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zleader_99
I was wondering if someone can point me in the direction to safely securing a lipo into my (new to me) cyclone TC. I have scene all sort of lipo braces for other TC's. I have tried the search bar on this forum and googled it but have not found what I am looking for. I understand there is a new lipo upper deck kit offered my HB, I was looking more for a side impact type brace and hold down kit, other then tape. At my local track we require lipos to be charged in fire bags, so taping them in is a hastle.
Hi zleader, you could find some battery tape from your local r/c shop. Those battery tape is really sticky, you'll be able to re-tape your lipo again to your chassis. Those battery tape usually cost around $12 and 1 roll could last me a yr or so, try it and it's definately the best way to secure your lipo with no hastle at all.

What I did to prevent the side impact is like the other's mentioned. Find the plastic servo mount(2), mount it on the center of the bottom deck, it can prevent the lipo move in and hit the gears by the side impact. You don't really need to worry about the lipo itself, the case (trackpower) is strong enough for that. Hope these help.