R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 07-21-2009, 02:36 PM
HenBeav
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wayne breault
Need Help!! I put the shocks together and put oil in it. Bled the air out and put the top cap on. My question is do I unloosen the bottom cap and push the shaft in to get the proper amount of rebound? If so how much rebound should I have?
Next question sway bar. I put the 17.1 in the front and the 14 in the rear. The rear sway bar collers wouldn't make it around the end of the sway bar. So do I leave the sway bar loose and put the car on the Hudy gages and put the tires on then tighten the set screws in the back? If so how tight do I tighten the set screws? Do I want the sway bar to be free in the back?
for the shocks the more traction you have the more rebound you can run, typically i'll run as little rebound as possible, you should never have to loosen the bottom cap to adjust rebound. usually to get no rebound i'll leave the shock shaft all the way out and roll the top cap all the way in pushing out oil so the cap sits flush with the top of the shock, to get more rebound (and also pack) you can push the shaft 1/2 or all the way up in the shock then roll the bladder in loose then pull the piston down and that will suck the bladder into the shock, where you start with the piston and how much you suck will relate to how much rebound you get. at least thats how i do it.

for the sway bars you want the set screws on the shock towere tight enough to hold the sway bar in place vertically but not to limit the rotation, if you tighten them down you'll limit the rotation and add stiffness to the sway bar which will be hard to adjust side to side, josh had posted about only putting a shim on one side of the sway bar and glueing the set screw to the ball on the other so you can adjust the bars up and down, after you do this you can pretty much set the sways bars like you would droop by lifting up the car and seeing which side raises off first and then adjusting the screw.