R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-03
Thread: Tamiya TB-03
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Markus
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Timmie,

I raced last weekend at GB in my full TCS trim.
*side note* I've been struggling finding a setup for my all over the place driving style. I haven't found one that lets me drive hard comfortably but I can get it around the track decently.
On this day I could not get the car to turn-in. (my fault, too much kickup and high roll center. I was racing on a uber traction track the week before and didn't think to change it)

notes:
Luckily Randy raced the GT2 class so I could guage what the fast guys would run, he was in TCS trim also.
the traction is not bad, probably above average ol' parking lot (they soda up the driveline).
I was geared at 80/38 LRP motor, Tekin RS, temped all day around 170 (i had no turn-in so used brakes) I had good rip coming out of the corners but the Xrays, TC5s, etc. would start to pull away halfway down the straight. I'm thinking I need to go to a 80/41 or so if I can get the turn-in I want without brakes) I used B3's. but I think A's would have been better since it wasn't that hot out. This will vary of course depending where the sun is.

I'll try it again this saturday for their club race before TCS.