R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - the state of onroad electric racing?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 10:53 AM
slow
Tech Fanatic

Are there any "roadies" that also race 1/8th nitro offroad? There's no mod or stock. Yet I see lots of new people buying the nitro rtrs and showing up to race. When you see them driving out of control you tell them to slow down. You see them coming to track during the week to practice and learn to control the speed. And soon you have a new racer in the business - whether or not they are slow or fast they keep coming back.

Something's working for 1/8th offroad scene because I'm always seeing new people getting started there. There's no talk of slowing their cars down to attract more racers or have more fun. So I don't understand all this talk of slowing the cars down. Maybe the onroad manufactures should take a look at the offroad scene to help boost the onroad scene. That's "IF" they want to.

I do race both and I'll run mod if thats what the fast guys are racing at the track but its always 13.5(the new mod). BTW I was at Trackside a few weeks ago practicing mod(5.5) rubber and had a blast.