R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 10:31 AM
SweepRacingUSA
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Sure you can ... hell I always argue w/ them ... never works out well for me though but i do it anyway hahahaah.

Good example, Fairtrace has been on my ass about changing my body back to a Mazda or LTC for about 6 weeks now, and about 3 weeks ago he to a quick look at my diff made a face like he just ate a lemon whole and gave it back saying (i'm paraphrasing but you get the idea) "that is a bad case of s&^%ty diff, fix it, on asphalt your diff is super important"

What did i do ... take a wild guess hahaha. Didn't change the body and didn't fix the diff (i have a wife and kids so it's a little tough to get hobby time sometimes, at least that is what i tell people anyway) so yesterday i go to a big trophy race, car is all over the dam place cant get the car to hook up AT ALL i mean terrible. All my quals are in the toilet. Before the main I changed the body, rebuilt the diff (it had a blown center bearing) and ran times that would have put me at the bottom of the B main instead of the .... ZZZ main

Take it for what it's worth .. those guys know the car and know setup they can also drive really well.

On a side note, the racing last night was crazy and makes me want to head out to an IIC or something even just to watch!! You should check out the east coast Race of Champions thread in the racing section, the A-Main driver list had winners from IIC, Snowbirds and Reedy. The Type-R was right there in the mix .

you were at Jackson last night? I thought you said you coming so I was looking for a car with that center shaft but didnt see no one, thought you didnt make it. did you pit inside or out in parking lot?