R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - the state of onroad electric racing?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 08:33 AM
Mike Blackstock
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wonder why you are attacking me for my opinion. I do not think i need to justify what i have done to earn what i get to you. I am not 100% sure why you are doing this. But now i understand why i do not want to even say anything on here because it always turns into a personal attack. Sorry i gave my opinion. I am out......

Mike

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Yeah in respect to mod touring everything that I have said was regarding mod touring or combining super stock into mod. Do you guys think that only the pros want to run in the Mod class??? Only the pros run it now because it’s too fast and too hard to drive and really there is only 1 pro in the US that can do hat....everyone else is just an also ran....it’s a shame really it is. Honestly Mike or Paul....when was the last time either of you had anything for Paulie at a race in the last year??? With the way things are going you guys that are getting paid shouldn’t even be getting paid if you can’t compete with him and he continues to win the way he’s done....all you guys are doing is hoping he breaks his car to have a shot.....that doesn’t sound like fun but you’re getting your paycheck so who cares. Really it doesn’t matter to you guys you will still be getting paid. If you start to make mod ever more exclusive then it is the class is going to die faster than the slow death it’s in now. If you slow the cars down and make it reasonable to buy or use the current equipment then maybe just maybe more people will be racing the mod class again. Just remember that there are more people than just you pros that would like to run this class and they might want to see some changes too. When anyone is looking at changing any rules or a class they should look at how it effects the little guy Vs the pro because he doesn’t have any burden on him his sponsors will pick up the bill so they can always afford the changes. What happens if IFMAR decides to make Mod TC lipo with a 6.5 limit?

Talking about WGT and 12th scale…..with 1 cell lipo now catching on are you not seeing new cars and chassis laid out just for the use of these cells???? How will TC not be any different???? And if you want to keep Stock and or Super stock the same as they are now and change Mod TC to 1 cell lipo and not have specialized cars for this class??? Just think about what has transpired in the 12th and WGT cars....it will happen to TC the same way. And really if the 12th and WGT change to 1 cell was soo great why does it look like the number for the IIC in these two classes are lower than they were at some of the winter races last year with 4 cells?