R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Looking for advice
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Uhgg
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Looking for advice

I am new to the world of nitro rc and was wondering if there were any brands or models or combinations of the two that I should avoid. I currently have an old 1/8 GS Storm buggy that I am constantly working on because it is old and it had been somewhat neglected, I am enjoying the learning experience as to how these rigs are put together and work. I have been looking at some of the trucks and truggies and I am liking what I am seeing but I am uncertain as to whether or not they are worth the money that some of them want. I don't have alot of money and want to get a monster truck or truggy. Are the less expensive brands like Redcat Racing, Himoto, CEN, and the other ebay favorites worth buying or should I save my money and wait until I have enough to get a Savage, HPI, Losi, Associated, or Traxxas. Is Traxxas a good brand? My main link to and person responsible for introducing me to these wonderful machines says that Traxxas is junk. I like the looks of the Savage and MGT8 and models but they are pretty spendy.

So please give me some input as to the quality as durability of the brands that you all have used and help a newb out.