R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Evolva M3
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 05:04 AM
aaron_buran
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kwilke
aaron thanks for replying and answering my question but i have a few more to ask

whats different with the bulkheads and arms ?
whats different about the 2 speed ?

thanks in advance
The bulkhead molds for the front and rear don't appear to have changed, although for some reason my side belt is tighter with the stand gear ratio, so the layshaft may be closer to the rear axle, when I checked the parts prior to assembly the mold appeared to be the same. The rear a-arm has additional webbing in it for additional rigidity, the upper rear a-arm has been redesign for the new sway bar design. All of the plastic is now pulled out of a stiffer material, that looks and smells like the plastic that the old car was made out of, much high carbon content.

Since the car offers a new drive ratio (which you don't necessarily have to run, the old one will still work), the new 2 speed offers a wider range of gear choices to offset the higher rollout built into the car. The 2 speed has been redesigned with new gears, a new cam, new layshaft with a cross-pin, instead of a set screw, in an attempt to make it better and smooth. I have never had an issue with the transimission, so I decided to run all my old stuff (pulleys and gears) instead of buying all the new stuff at this time.