R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 12:34 PM
axle182
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kail
Haha, your 1st para sounds a bit rude.We have been racing for a while and know what we are doing. We were racing on strict tamiya rules, hence only tamiya tires. Of course we all tried various tire combis to make the situation better.
My apologies, didnt mean it to come of that way at all. My whole post was meant along the same lines as redbones, found it funny that guys who were lucky to get the first set of 05's would say they gave up on them considering the 03/04's have years upon years of work to get them to handle. Keep at it guys and make sure you post your progress so we can all get faster with them. Mine is on order, fingers crossed it arrives before the new car hype is dead

Tamiya tires arent bad at all. Takes a few tricks to play with them. How is the TCS officials with glue on the outside tread? Personally on a dusty surface id be on S grip rear, hard inserts, M grips front, hard inserts, and CA glue the half to full outside tread blocks. that should rid you of traction rolling. Then you can work you way up with more steering. Of course forget this post if the TCS officials dont allow CA on the tires....

I cant wait to get mine, ive really looked forward to this car. If money was better, id have one in my hands. Enjoy the new toys, and enjoy finding what will work on it