R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi4
Thread: Schumacher Mi4
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 12:11 PM
seaball
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drifting101
I work at my LHS and have gotten a quite a few complaints both at the track and in the store, 90% of the claims were from the first batch if that matter
maybe that's it. mine just arrived yesterday, and the c/f is as good as i've seen. i was originally impressed with the mi3 c/f (and the carpet chassis) and the quality seems unchanged when i compare those to the mi4.

i think they source the material from the same mfr that bmi gets theirs from, and is generally touted as the best c/f available for our budget. our chassis (pl) are very stiff for the thickness and cutout locations when compared to other manufacturers. (that is why xray and tamiya equip their foam cars with 3.9mm stock - which the team xray guys end up recutting a 3mm chassis (pl) from the stuff that bmi/superior stocks).

in short, if there is a problem, it's a quality issue in a small lot of plates that went out, and not a design/budget issue. i am not sure how the factory would tackle this, but emailing them directly would be a good start.