R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Which Brushless setup can reach up to 100mph on a Elec tc3?
Old 07-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCbasher01
Thanks for all the input!

towards the Mamba Max ESC with a Mamba max 7700kv motor, and 2 2cell lipos. Line them together you get a 4cell, but for everyday bash, I will only run 2 cell.

My guess is that I will make it run faster then 60mph... That is my main goal! ROFL

I dont want a competitive car that is just a money pot, I want a economic backyard basher that LOVES INSANE SPEED! XD

Am I right about the speed estimate?
1/8th NITRO ON ROAD cars with $2000 of equipment invested, running on a fully prep on road race track can shoot around 60mph (proved by speed gun all the time). So, your 60 mph is ALOT more realiztic then the previously mentioned 100 mph...

Forget about the 100mph goal unless you are well sponcored by others to make you a full custom TC3, if you think dropping some 2.5 motor and 5 cells lipo will do 100mph...it will only spin around on the track without even going straight line (like a drunk driver).

60 mph are very easily DONE by alot of current 1/8th buggy BRUSHLESS conversion...the reason they can do it is because the WEIGHT of the car. You can always get faster motor, 6S lipo and MMM...it is the car (in your case, TC3) is just too light to handle those POWER...tire are not wide enough to keep the power DOWN onto the ground. Imagine you drop a F1 engine on a Honda Civic, with 1000 HP, it will ONLY rip the whole chassis apart and create a big firework show....

RCCA did a 100 mph run on a HPI Super Nitro and it was like good 6 years with HEAVILY MODIFIED thru out the whole car...running at a airport runway and barely made the 100mph mark...your TC3 is NOT a good car or good scale to do that kinda run. Period...

If you just want to drop something directly onto a TC3 and run 60mph...go get the fastest Mamba system for 1/10th, make sure they can take 4 or even higher cells LIPO...then run it, I am sure it will hit 60 mph very easily. Just don't expect the car can turn at all...I am more worry about it would even stay straight thru out the whole run.