R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 07-15-2009, 03:37 PM
bakaguyjean
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vyger
I'm SOOOO getting one of those D-Drive chassis. They look awesome. Does anyone know how well they perform? Also, I noticed the ad shows it with an FW14 front wing, will this work with bodies from the F102 erra? Any comments welcome.
The Cross late type Williams body(FW14) fits,but the late type Ferrari body is to narrow in the nose for the chassis. I have the Tamiya FW18 body and D-Drive High nose body for mine.Im also using a FW18 front wing. The FW18 is just about the perfect width in the nose for the chassis.
Performace wise it is very stiff as the bolts for the servo mount go are anchored in the upper part of the chassis along with the front suspension rear bolt. The four rear bolts run from the bottom half through the battery mount to the upper half. It is also a carbon plastic chassis. I havent cracked mine and i have been running it hard for about three months. Mine is the first version with the small cockpit.
I can take pictures of it later today if you like.
They also have another chassis coming out the is also carbon plastic but it is a more traditional two deck type.