R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Recommended setup/configuration tools for 1/8 scale buggy/truggy
Old 07-15-2009, 03:44 AM
DOMIT
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by butch man
I dissagree also the pro's that say they can use a soda can & eye ball camber & toe really mean they can set it by feel on the track. Ultegrast I dont know how much time you have with 1/8 scale but you'll learn 1/8 rims deform like a mofo & stay bent on the hub so what look like -3deg or camber could be anwhere from -6 -+1 when you rotate the wheel 180 degrees. I depend on my setup station to set the car up the same or to what I want to change every time & do that at home on fri night & have learned very close to how many deg a 1/4 turn is & have a very close guess when changing at the track for changing conditions. I usually run full droop & with good arms dont need a droop guage but when your arns bow I pull my droop tools out because being exact with droop makes a huge difference & that AE ride height guage is one of my most used setup tools,just wish it had a longer arm.
A ball park guess is good enough if you want your car to handle in the same ball park next time you drive it. Unless or course your so good you can do it by feel & make a good guess what is causing your car to act funny but I aint that good & dont have the time to try a bunch of guesses when at the track I need to spend practice time practicing my driving & KNOW how much to change what.
+1

Hudy setup station.