R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Im pretty sure my trx3.3 is done
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 06:26 PM
SpraydbySprague
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Maybe. If the crankcase pressure is being lost thru a leaking front bearing it's possible.
Lack of fuel delivery is possibly a clogged main needle. Carefully disassemble the carb's main needle assembly. Clean it and the fuel nipple on the main needle. Then reassemble the needle back to factory settings.
What can happen is the main valve O ring, which is tight in the main needle housing, starts to shred from too much adjustment. The little pieces of O ring clog the fuel nipple on the carb. Next thing you know the fuel can't get into the engine.
Another possible problem. I actually saw this for myself. The pressure fitting on the pipe can be clogged causing a total drop in fuel pressure. Remember, for the motor to draw fuel out of the tank air must be put back into the tank to replace it.
I saw this happen on an HPI Hellfire 1/8 Truggy. The owner had a new polished 1/8 inline exhaust installed and noticed the motor wouldn't even prime. I checked the pressure nipple on the pipe and it was clogged with polishing compound!
Those are two things I can think of preventing fuel delivery. Provided the motor still has proper compression.