R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help on Final Decisions
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 07:26 AM
tomkelley
Tech Addict

Originally posted by bballer

TomKelley--I live about an hour from Detroit, and even though nitro season is over, are there any indoor tracks near the area? the closest track i have heard of is Lazer?? speedway up maybe near brighton, but its outdoor. Thanks a lot

bballer
Hey, My first reply was just a quick one, didn't have time to get in depth, because I thought a lot of people would have a lot of different suggestions. I hope you didn't take it as a rude reply. Your choice in the G4 is a good one, many racers at my club run it. I have one and a yokomo GT4. Both cars work great, the G4 handled great out of the box. Other racers have been successfull with MTx3's, LD3's and NTC3's. I'm also Looking at the 710 for next year.

I live in Detroit, and the club I'm president of has one of the largest onroad racing tracks in the SE Michigan area. My drive to the site we race in is also pretty far. We get people coming in from Canada as well, so its not uncommon to travel for an hour to get to a track. Lazer I have never been to so I will refrain from commenting. We still setup our track for each race, and working towards building a permanent track. Larry's performance RC's is where I and most of my members hibernate for the winter, they have an indoor carpet track that is pretty good. Larry's is located in Sterling Heights. The parking lot we race in is at a Wal-Mart in Sterling Heights.

For the DRCCC, My goal for next year is to host races every 2 weeks at least, the Midwest Series, a charity race for Children's Miracle Network, a points series, and a trophy race. If you come out to any one of our races, you're sure to have a good time, and get lots of good input from other racers. When I first started out, these guys helped me out tremendously. I do wish I would have met them at a race before I got a car.

Take a look at our website, the link is on my sig.

TK