Thread: Mod Motor forum
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2003, 08:02 PM
Speedo
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Mr. MR4
Speedo,

go to http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/techhelp/UsingKRMotors.pdf

There is some very useful info regarding the KR.
Thanks, I've read that before and it is why I only use 12 degrees of timing. I experimented with setting the timing to 15 degrees and it drew .7 more of an amp at 2.5 volts.

Anybody know if I was right when I said I thought one notch on the endbell was 12 degrees? Reason I'm saying this is that it doesn't match up very well with the 12 degree mark on the Fantom KR label - the 0 and 0 match perfectly. I'm not inclined to believe Fantom at the moment however, it seems they may have done some strange wind on the arm. I've sent them an email and am awaiting a reply.

Meanwhile, I put an old pair of good-condition 766's in the KR, broke it in at 5 degrees of timing, went to 12 degrees, and put it on the Robitronics. It told me it was too powerful

Based on my past two weekends running the KR, I'm gussing it will be acceptably fast for the first minute of the first run, and then slow down for the rest of the day. I think this may be a problem specific to the Fantom version I bought, as everyone else seems to love theirs.

I'm interested to try the Orion V2. I sent them an email and apparently distributers have had the motors for 3 weeks. Ultimate Hobbies is supposed to have them, but I can't find any motors on their website.

Josh