R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-4R
Thread: Mugen MTX-4R
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Ashley Cobb
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daveflyr
My MTX4 is 119 grams over the minimum weight, more than 4 ounces! I found out that the winner of the last club race i was at, uses a lipo reciever pack, and claims this contributes to the performace of his car (a bullet) and it reduces rear tire wear! So from what i can find, a 800 mah lipo and a voltage regualtor will weigh in at about 54 grams , 74 grams less than the NiMH pack i use now. So that would be a start, still leaving about 45 grams to shed. How much weight do the Ti screws save? What else can be done to get the car down to the 1725 gram minimum?
Hey mate,

Lipo will be the best money you ever spent. I am running a 1100 but I don't think it would be a great deal different to the 800 you're running.

Do you run a front diff? They can add quite a bit of weight to the car compared to the solid axle. The YBSLOW front solid axles are lighter than the mugen solid axle again.

Probably common sense but keep your car clean, thin as possible paint on the shell, and shorten your wires up if you can.

Do you run a personal transponder?

The personal's are a bit lighter than club transponders.

Hope this helps

Ash