R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4RS 2009
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Chickentrader
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PrimeAKF11
HEY!!! Of course I remember you .

1. The car's pretty new and as far as I know there's nothing out there for it yet. But if it follows the same path as the previous G4's, (which I'm reasonably sure it will), there'll be, shall we say, a lot available.

EDIT: Ok that's indeed a lot..

2. 5-cell AAA pack here so I can't answer that one. According to Machinaria the Team Integy pack http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...20&p_catid=140 will fit, and aizenbelle is running a lipo here http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...2009-a-14.html

3. I bent a front CVD slightly last week and had a spool outdrive grub screw hole strip on me but I think those were just due to my stupidity. On my old G4RS I cracked a rear arm once and broke one of the rear bulkheads twice.

4. My cheapo Hitec standard size digital servo fit just fine.

As for how the car felt, keep in mind I'm nowhere near the fast guys at BD (I only made it to the A twice since the track opened in May). But the car felt noticably 'snappier' than my older car, maybe due to the new clutch design or because it's lighter (George commented how light it was after comparing it with his MTX-4R). Handling wise I felt it was grippier overall. I traction rolled for the first time at Blue Diamond last Friday; my G4RS never did with the same tires.

I bested my previous best lap time by .4 seconds on the first day with the new car, so I'd say the stock setup worked at least reasonably well .

Are you going to be at the trophy race this sunday? You're more than welcome to take my car around the track for a few laps if you want to feel how it is.
Could you give me a starting point for the adjustment of the two speed clutch shoes, to save a bit of trying to get them right?

Kindest regards,
Lars.