R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEED HELP WITH CHOOSING LIPO BATTERYS FOR MY RECIEVER AND STARTER BOX AND A CHARGER
Old 07-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Frank L
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

You will have others tell you that the chepo lipos are just fine. I have seen the destruction a faulty lipo can do so I would rather stick with the name brands. I sleep better at night knowing that I paid for QC.

For a charger there is none better than the hyperion series. If you are patient then the 606 will work just fine. If you need to charge 2 batteries at the same time then the 610 duo is the way to go but you will also need a power supply. I would reccomend getting 2 hyperion 606 chargers. These chargers will also balance charge which is very important to lipo life. Just make sure you also purchase the correct balance port adapter so you can balance charge.

For battery packs the receiver battery will take any lipo stick pack will work look for 2000+ mah and you will be fine. I know protek has a new stick type pack that will also work in the M11 transmitter. For the starter box you want a 4s 14.8v 2000+mah that is at least 15c, (20c is better).

Personally I use the hyperion 606 and a losi 4s 2200 lipo for the starter box. The 4s will last a 2 day event with no prob.

Here are are some links to these products. I hope this helps.

Hyperion 606

Protek stick pack

Losi 4s 14.8v starter box battery

Protek 14.8 starter box battery

HT Batteries 14.8 starter box battery