R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Lipo Charger for 4s
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Midnight
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Thanks bro. How do you charge glow ignitors on a charger? So can you charge more than 1 pack at a time with the hyperion? THe reason I like the feature of being able to charge more than one pack is b/c I run two classes so I have 2 vehicles to charge rx packs, and then on top of that I have 2 starter boxes. Plus I only like to buy things once, if I can get the charger with those capabilities, I figure I want have to buy another charger for awhile.
Originally Posted by Frank L
The MRC chargers are great chargers. I have one from the mid 80's for nicad packs that still works great and a newer superbrain 977 that I purchased last year. The 989 is a good charger but it will not balance charge without additional equipment. Last year I purchased a hyperion 606 and I absolutely love it. It is quiet and charges any and all of my nitro related needs. I like the cycle function too. When I charge my glow ignitors on the 977 the meter only reads about 1/2. When I use the hyperion it goes all the way up. I thought the meters on the glow ignitors were off until I used the hyperion. The 606 is a great little charger for the money and it will balance charge which is very important for lipo charging. Heres a link

Hyperion 606