R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic E4 Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 05:55 AM
Texas Postman
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Don't waste your time/money on the GTB speedo and Novak 13.5 (unless they are exisitng and you are on budget)...I mean, if you are getting a sponcorship deal for the E4, you might as well have them to hook you up with a competition speedo and motor. Your choice like Speed Passion GT2, Tekin, KO, LRP....those are the top list for your speedo choice. Brushless motor like the old Trinity DUO (may be the Duo 2 if you dare to try), Tekin, LPR are also better then the good old Novak 13.5.

About your final drive...even with these motor, for outdoor, lets start at around 4.8 to 5 and check the temperature of the motor. Checking temperature of the brushless motor especially on E4 is a major factor. Because of the battery location (front in front of the motor), and it is different then the typical belt car like your previous owned Cyclone (on the side and do not have the battery blocking AIR to cool the motor)...I found the motor on E4 is a little bit higher then my Mi3.5 (compare to the same gearing)...so if I gear my Mi3.5 to 4.8....due to the motor temp, I will ended up gearing my E4 to 4.9....but again, I use the temp of the motor to dictate my final drive...not the speed of the car, unless you are willing to risk overheating the motor or speedo.

I prefer using BULLET plug type of LIPO...alot easier then those with the deans plug coming out from the top or the side of the battery, easier to fit inside the E4 due to its design.
Hey there!
I've got some questions. I just got an E4FS, and need help setting it up! I'm racing 13.5 onroad, asphalt..(parking lot) I got no instructions, with the chassis...so REALLY need some advice, lol. Shock settings...mounting locations...weight/oil...caster/camber settings...all of that good stuff. I bought this, hoping for a good balanced car, like the JRXS...but wanting to fit a 5000lipo, in the belly. (The Losi is just too small) Anybody help????
Thanks...
TTP