R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 10:43 AM
speedsterblade
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by skinart76
Hi guys, I have a couple of questions about the TC5R. I am coming back to the onroad scene after somewhat of a long hiatus. I was running the Xray T2 before and loved it, but I am now looking for a new chassis to race with. I have been pulling my hair out for the last couple of days trying to decide on which chassis to get. I have chosen this platform due to great parts availability and it seems like a solid car. I was just wondering if there was anything I need to pay attention to during the build or should buy. Also, is the TC5R lipo ready? Meaning will it fit most batteries without modification? Thanks for all your help guys.

--Stan
Getting the diff bolt together w/ the nut is a real PITA...be careful or you'll strip out the nut real easy...then be waiting on parts to finish your build. I also has to do some slight trimming on the rear hubs for full clearance on the arms. Belt tightness...the manual's settings didnt work for me..you just have to play w/ the tensioners to get'em right.

I can't think of anything else specific to the tc5, just the typical build stuff...sand & seal the chassis, ensure the suspension components are buttery smooth. ..balance it all out and run it.

Lipos... I've been running smc 5k packs, just taping them in and added lead to balance it all out and help hold the lipo in/keep it off the belts. It clears the top deck by 3-4mm or so but not sure what the height limit is..

Here's on of the lipo plates avail.
http://www.ppdbillet.com/RC_accessories.html