R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Jaco Rubber Tires
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 07:47 AM
artwork
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
I have to admit, we don't hear many complaints about this on carpet. Are others at your track having similar issues?
The new version blues are shipping this week. There is no way to distinguish them from the current ones as it is a running change. Testing has shown that the wearing through along the edges is greatly reduced by this insert. Also, the belt has been widened to decrease the stretch between the belt and sidewall. This change was implemented months ago.
Jack-

We have been seeing the tears since the blues were moved over to the Prism wheels. You can get 40+ runs on a single set but over time the groove appears on the inside of both front and rear tires and over time split on the line and then it is time for a new set. every single tire that I have had failure it was due to a split on the inside groove. Even after all of these runs the insert looks great and does not appear to be broken down at all. It seems to me like the tires wear the same even with the running change. The failure is always a split on the formed groove even as soon as last week it happened to me.

I love the blues they have made carpet racing my favorite kind of racing due to the level of traction they provide and the amount of runs you can get out of a single set of tires.