R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo GT-4 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2003, 11:37 PM
afm
Tech Master

Check out Novarossi's web page, in news about the Japan Gp race held in October.

www.novarossi.it/index_ing.htlm

......Masami Hirosaka used prototype car with 80% Mugen parts........had some problems in final (belt), finished 8th but he made the fastest lap in the grand final.......

So picking up on all that is being said about the new car, it seems we might expect to have our new Yokomos with a similar layout as the MTX3, with redesigned suspension geometry, probably 0.8 module transmision, new centax and very low rotating mass overall??????
Sounds great to me, considering that it is being tested by two of the top drivers in Yokomo's camp.
Makes the waiting worthwile. Guess i'll stick to my upgraded GT4 PRO, because on rubber tires, like we race in Peru, it still is a highly competitive car, because the original design was based on rubber tires, not like the new crop of cars beeing lauched on the market, that are designed primarily for foams, and are hard to tune for rubber.
I hope Yokomo takes into consideration that there is still a great number of countries in which the rubber class is strong (england for example) and also test the new car with rubbers and consider the tunability for them in the new car.