R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCGT Pics & Paint ONLY! Show them off!
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 05:36 AM
Tpg racer
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by k_bojar
there's nothing stopping you from running a 'rcgt' body in with the normal TC - however, most people perfer the 'race designed/test' body like the stratus, mazda, etc for running TC.

The only time you'd have an 'issue' running one of the RCGT bodies would be if you're track is 100% ROAR-rules or you are running some kind of ROAR regional/national/worlds race...

but other then that - go for it its nice to see some variety against all the 'cookie-cutter' race bodies...I know I used to run my Altezza (Tamiya body in normal TC for a while
As far as I'm concern, the only ruling they enforce here in my country is the ruling of running a 4-door 190mm sedan bodyshell, and a standard IFMAR dimensions ruling I think... which means they have a way of measuring the dimensions of the bodyshell by using a box with preset dimensions....

What I'm afraid is that if I were to run a 4-Door GT body like the Altezza, the dimensions would not fit the box dimensions or IFMAR ruling in terms of dimensions...

In terms of aerodynamic performance, I'm not worried about it that much... Just wanna give some variety of cars on the track while racing....