R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need ESC Suggestions for GTA class
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 09:47 PM
active_sport
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
When its that bad surgery probably is the best way to go. Although I do have patients that have numbness in the foot that I take care of without the need for that. It just depends on how bad the herniation is and in what direction. Im glad that you are getting relief.

GTA- me too. I have been playing the Midnight Club LA racing game that is made by Rockstar.

So which ESC is it going to be? Tekin? Speed Passion? LRP?
I had gone through well over 6 months of therapy along with spinal decompression, you know the table that stretchs you out... Both just made things worse. I had been dealing with occasional pain and spasims for about 15 years. The past 6 I have been sleeping on a heating pad nightly. Then in December, I lifted up the tounge of my empty motorcycle trailer, and that was the final draw. Pushed what was left of the disc out, and it became bone on bone. Recover is tough, but the pain medicine makes it easier. The hardest part is staying in bed and not doing much. Plus I have to stay in a back brace for the next 2-3 months. I own an offshore boat, and up till 2 weeks ago had a custom chopper (sold it because I can't use it for at least a year). So I am a very active guy. What really hurts is the boat is only a block away at the marina and I can't use it

Still undecided. I have quite a while before I will be racing, probably fall. I am leaning toward the Tekin RS. I will be racing at the same track as Thirtybird, he stated the top runners are using an ESC w/timing advance, so that is a must. I will keep reading up. I have not see a lot of Tekin RS's up for sale USED here or on eBay, so that is a good sign. I did pick up a NIB Novak GTB for $110 from the F/S area. I will use that in my stadium truck, which is just begining construction.........

Being stuck at home and getting the RC bug again, is going to cost me a lot of money. Good thing my sales are strong during the summer season, see my signature.

Last edited by active_sport; 07-03-2009 at 09:59 PM.