Thread: TQ Racing SX8
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 03:24 PM
sluggo_sx8
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jfc_tech
Yeah .. im sure we can exchange some knowledge on rc..hehe

I agree on you that this buggy has everything that the current expensive brands out there have. At least the know-how, technology.

I say this, if something not on this buggy, probably it is not important after all.

Regretfully, not many chose this brand in Malaysia. They preferred the branded one. At least in my place, North Borneo, almost all of us use Nanda NRB due to the only one offroad hobbyshop selling it. the other brand is the STR8 buggy.

For this version, according to our Malaysia main distributor, rajanghobby, only 3 of us has this version, the NRB3-R.. the one with:
  1. 5mm graphite shock tower f/r
  2. lightened center spur gear
  3. fibre disc f/r brake
  4. lightened outdrive
  5. longer lightened chassis

The rest same or already have in the Pro kit.
All the testing, we done it ourselves. meaning getting the right setup and giving back feedback. pretty hard the process ... time is usually not on our sides.

Whats you all setup be? other than the normal things ... this is at least what i found good for this buggy on a little bit grass track...

5k,5k,3k diff oil. [default: 5k,5k,1k]
I probably wanna try later 5k,7k,3k
CB 14T [default: 13T]

pls share if there's anything i miss here ... like the "you should use this..." kind of info

right now I am running 5/7/3 but have another set of diffs setup with 3/5/1200. so far both work good, I find the 1200 setup works a little better on our club track, The corners are very loose. I am using the stock gearing but ahve switched out the carbon shoes for max life alum ones with the 1.0 stock springs.