R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 07-03-2009, 08:31 AM
syndr0me
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So, the way I understand how to test/set sway bars is basically what David Jun talks about here.

Sway bars are a nice way to control weight transfer. If you decide to use them, begin by disconnecting them and remove your shocks. Then set your droop or just make the axle heights equal. Your suspension is now equal and you can connect the sway bars. To set them, slowly compress either arm as you watch the other to see the amount of free play before the opposite arm rises. More than likely, one side will have more free play than the other so you want to adjust the length of the linkage rods accordingly until the amount of free play is equal. You can also adjust the free play on the sway bar mounts as well by rotating the sway bar clips enough to reduce slop. Just don't go overboard.
Is this the preferred method on the TOP? I ask, because I'm having trouble with the sways on this car. It seems like, at least with the kit settings, I can't even make them lift the other side at all, especially in the front. Is there something else I should be doing? I have the "groove" in the mounts in the down position, which I believe is what the manual specifies.