R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Clay Track Surface Maintenance!
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Blackie001
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nitrohead1, thank you for your post.
Some very interesting information there & some good food for thought.
Our track is 100% gray clay, So when dry we get a LOT of dust/powder & when wet.. well... you've seen that scene in the movie ghost..... very slippery.
We are also getting a lot of wear.
If we have a few weeks of sun, then the track goes quite hard & watering helps, I think your method would work very well & give us a bit more "moist time", could be a problem with the amount of time needed during a race meet to water twice each time....
When we've had some rain (like recently), the wear on the track is huge. Not as much air born dust, but really wears the surface.
So thats why I was thinking sugar. I believe if it's done in a slow way, many weak coatings until it build to the desired hardness. Not so hard as to destroy tyres. Our last track surface destroyed tyres & cars. Average set of crime fighters would last for 2 races, most guys used them for 1 race day...... but that track had a lot of rock etc. This track I have had the same set of Crime Fighter M2 on for the last 4 race meets & they still look unworn...... which is a pain, as I've been waiting to wear them out . Going to shelve them & buy some Caliber M3's.