R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xmods?
Thread: Xmods?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2003, 08:22 PM
Bubblestc3
Tech Fanatic

It took me a while to find this thread(on page FOUR!!!), but I finally got one! Accually I am on my second(first one had something wrong with the motor or something and had to take it back ), but I finally have driven it, and I am amazed by how much power it has in stock trim... Right now I am running in my house on the hardwood floor, with the stock rubber tires(can you say DRIFT?!?!?!?!). On monday RS should have my 4WD upgrade in stock, so then the car would stay more planted.
Does anyone else have problems with a bad conection near the batteries? For some weird reason the car cuts out(like a hung brush), and will just stop. I installed some foam on the battery "C" clips to push the cells somewhat, and that seemed to get rid of the "bad conection".
Honestly, I HATE the rear suspension(for smoth track running), it seems like they just got lazy and did not want to finish the car... Although the car is GREAT, why did they(who ever designed it) have to leave out the rear of the car?
For me, when I grab some throtle(on my hard wood floor) the weight is transfered to the rear, and the shocks are compressed(like a real R/C should), but as the weight sits there the arms induce camber. Making NO CONTACT PATCH!!!!! Making the car VERY loose on power. For this, I replaced the rear springs with "preload washers" and disabled all rear shock action. This makes the tire flat all the time(in the rear) and gives more rear traction(remember, hard wood floor).
Tomorow, I will do some out door testing, and see what is nessassary to get the car to hook up...
WOW, that was a long post...