R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How do you "dial your car in?"
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 07:45 PM
pakk
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wiscnitro
One of the adjustment's I was told to make were one of the hardest things to do and that's work on how you drive the car. a car will be faster if your smother through the corners and smother with the throttle on and off. I was teached by turning the wheel easy instead of snaping the steering hard left/right and with the trigger controle ease off and on the throttle instead of snaping off and hard on. a well adjusted car will drive like crap if you dont have experience VS a bad tuned car and a good driver. Hope this helps you get to were you want to be. sounds like you got a good handle on seting up your ride
Assume I drive well enough. Driving is a whole other topic IMO. I think I learn how to drive better every second I am on the track. There is always something I feel I can do better driving to get around the track faster. But that is not what I am looking for. I am purely talking about setup.

Originally Posted by adamge
I've read an awful lot of rctech over the last three years, and I'm quite certain that no one who is really, really fast has ever written out the knowledge that the really, really fast guys have that allows them to get extra corner speed out of their car.

It's unfortunate, and I'd like someone to prove me wrong.
I don't think there is a "secret" to setting up your car. Just because bob TQ'd and won with his car and setup does not mean John will with the same car. John might have to set his car up his way because of the way he drives.

I am looking for tips on what to do that will hopefully work for me. I am afraid that answer is going to be trial and error, experience.

--pakk