R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why is traxxas so much better than OFNA?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 06:19 PM
dreaux
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sokar
I got a sliced up right hand that says otherwise. Pull starts are anything but easy to wind up.

I took your advice and ordered a pair of higher quality aluminum steering knuckles instead of that cast iron crap, and I just bought and installed a super-torque hi-tec metal gear steering servo. As for the starting mechanism, I just invented my own (I call it the "ghetto start". Its not easy but it works.). I only got about $30 left in the piggy bank, which is probably not enough for a starter box. I'm only 16, and even though I have a job I still need to be thinking about bigger things such as college, which unfortunately means no Baja 5Bs for me. In the mean time, a little super strength super glue is holding the steering knuckle together. It was only the ring where the bottom screw screws into that cracked, not the actual knuckle itself
hey sokar. What ever you do, don't get discouraged. I am 33 and i made sure i found out the proper way to do everything (in other words i asked a TON of questions). I have a pro kit (and i LOL at whoever said you should have got one) and at first everything would go wrong, but i just kept on going even when i wanted to quit. and now all the kinks are worked out. I know how to set a perfect gear mesh (busted a clutch), can tune a engine very well (blew one of those up). Got the right mufler (believe it or not i blew up a muffler! long story). found out how to set end points on my servos (fryed a steering servo) Dude i even put a piston in backwards. I work very hard for my money, and don't have that much to spend, so when something did break it made it even more frustrating so i know how you feel. so don't feel bad. Some people on here think some questions are stupid, or you might ask to many, bla bla bla. I made it through! can adjust my diffs with proper fluids, clean bearings, adjust my ride height, camber, toe, kick, squat, droop, wheelbase, wing angle, clutch, gear ratio etc. I even had my own personal thread. My buggy runs great with no problems now and i can have it ready and prevent almost any from happening now, So i owe thanks to everyone on here really for helping me. If you ever need any help at all you pm me and if i dont' know the answer i will find out for you. I think it's great your saving for school. by the way, what is the ghetto start??

best of luck to you!