R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2003, 09:58 AM
lawndoggie
Tech Regular

Originally posted by fastharry
I don't think anyones whining...and what we are discussing applies to the rc industry as a whole......

And to be honest,I really don't think people get upset money wise..RC'er's are a passionate group..they feel their car is the best,prettiest,fastest,best looking,etc......So when a new car comes out,they feel a little bad they're "baby" isn't new anymore.......Sort of like a family where the newborn gets all the attention...

No ones upset at serpent..(unless the cars take till March to get)..

back to the "710"....
Thanks fastharry, I am totally with you.
I am happy with my 705.. Heck! ITs my first nitro... my childhood dream come true!! Always wanted a serpent! Will mostly get a 710 IF my driving improves! hehehehe
What I am not too happy is that from the articles from mytsn, it sounded as if many of the team drivers where not too happy with the 705...
And it seemed to me that they were not happy with the 705 even BEFORE its release. I felt that somehow they knew that they were releasing something that had problems... (small sweet spot and whatever else) just to try to regain market share or generate profit...
So all in all, I am happy with the fact that they are constantly making innovation And I am happy that they have a new car out!
Anyway, lets end it here

I went out on the track for the third time today.. guess what! a few minutes into the run, I was WAY TOOO throttle happy... and bang.. into the wall again... whats bad is that the car always seems to find ways to break parts that I don't have... first time doggie bones... second time shock shaft.. this time the whole stupid shock Rather than buying spare parts.. I think I'll buy some old tires from the junk yard and put them around the track!!
Well I did true the tires to 60 front and 62 rear.. I think that gave the car better turning than before!

Anyway, here come my question
I got more dings on my pipe Will have to try the freezer method... just curious as to what people use to seal the pipe before puting it in freezer? Thanks yall!