R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Trever Adamo
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Casper
First off you need to make them. They take a while to make and require a hard foam. Then you soak them in some pretty bad chemicals to give them super traction which eats the foams, which meand the tires go soft and stop working well so you need to refoam them or make a new set. Also carcus design makes a difference in slicks so you need to choose which tire you want to grind all the knobs off and which compounds will work best.

Life is much simpler with off the self tires.

I will agree racing on slicks can be fun as traciton can be insane but traction rolling becomes a problem as well and you start working on some extreme setups that really don't work anywhere else so you have to setup your car just for this condtion that really won't work well anywhere else.

If it goes this way I will still race there but I fell this is a bad idea. I am sure it is not the only reason MnM closed there doors but attendance fell off pretty quick from what I saw when slicks became the hot ticket.

Yah you need to run a verry hard foam trinity bomb one blue anytime your are on a high bite track you need stiffer foam so no big deal. Soaking them in chemicals we never did that hust tire saus like you do at most tracks depending on what you like. And yes some will make the foam brakedown faster then other.Tire carcus comes in to play all the time as that is what gives one tire a different feal from a nother as well as tred style.Taking them to slicks a belt sander works best!! you can do a set in about 5 min. this way.Compounds are like any track you have ot try to see what works best and you like or ask around to get ideas!

Yes but if you want to go fast it is not always that easy

For MnM closing yes you are wright is was when eletric was starting to be on the downturn for turn out and when the rent was going to go up over "dubble" that is the mane reason Joe closed it down!

The set up's i ran on slicks is what i ran about everyware and worked grate a lot of it is driving style you have to be real smooth because of the traction.

Last edited by Trever Adamo; 06-30-2009 at 12:19 PM.