R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 09:38 AM
cosmo1974
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default HB Cyclone TC

Hi,

I'm after some feedback after 2 race meets with my Cyclone TC.

Background information:
==================
Gear >> TEKIN RS Pro + 10.5 Redline + Cyclone TC + EP 5200 35C + Mx3 Radio + TC1030
Track >> outdoor asphalt, 1000' length, 210' straight, hi-speed into tight "S"

I started with the Cyclone TC "standard" setup.
I have attached the standard setup sheet (pdf format) just in case there is any confusion.

First race meet:
============
I forgot to apply black grease to the CVD joints, and broke a CVD pin each race.

Second race meet:
==============
I purchased some Muchmore 32 Absolute pre-mounts. As the first race progressed the car became more and more taily, and then started to do 180+ degree spins. When I came off I found that all the tires were coming unglued from the rims. The left-rear tire was 100% unglued. The other guys at the track indicated that this was a known problem with the MM pre-mounts. Advice was to get loose tires and do your own gluing. The only other tires I had were used Takeoff CS-32s (with medium/blue inserts).

With the Takeoffs, high speed cornering and medium speed direction changes seemed reasonable. However, coming out of a slow speed corner and applying power, the car would spin out very easily. When I looked at the Takeoffs they had some slight tire peeling (nothing like the Muchmore tires) but I'm not sure if this was enough to cause problems.

Preparing for Third race meet:
=======================
I have purchased loose Takeoff CS-32 tires, medium/blue insets, yokomo rims, and prepared / glued myself. So if anything goes wrong with the tires, I only have myself to blame.

Challenge for Third race meet:
=======================
So lets say that I get to the track for my 3rd race meet, the tires don’t come unglued, but I'm still having tailyness issues when applying power coming out of slow speed corners.
** I would appreciate a list of changes I should try, and their ordering, in an attempt to help resolve the tailyness issue.

Other Query.
==========
As I was looking at some of the other drivers setup sheets on the web, I started to wonder how the SAME angled pivot blocks (2.5 and 3.0 degs in kit) can be used on the front AND rear of the car. I initially assumed they were used to set anti-dive and anti-squat, but I'm not so sure after reading a thread discussion which indicates that the purple shims are (can be) used to do these adjustments.

I have the Hudy setup theory book and the sections on anti-dive and anti-squat make sense. That is, the more the arms lean backwards the larger the angle. The angle can be increased by raising the FRONT of the suspension arm (lowering rear would be equivalent). This applies to the front and rear arms. All makes sense.

However, that is where I have an issue with the Cyclone TC angled pivot blocks (assuming they are used for anti-dive and anti-squat). They are mounted in front of the front suspension arm, but at the REAR of the rear suspension arm. The same block used at one end would increase the angle, while at the other end it would DECREASE the angle. This does not make sense to me, as the pivot blocks are labelled with fixed angles, and can be used at the front or rear of the car.
** What am I missing ?

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Standard Setup From Manual.jpg
Views:	617
Size:	340.0 KB
ID:	471006