R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 09:42 PM
oldrcr
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Hi Cpt.,

didn't realize you were having this problem today, I was running at FW. I am running the RS's with 1s lipo in both 1/12th and WGT, didn't run today as I was helping Jake get his WGT running properly and I only ran 13.5 TC. Catch up with me and we can figure out what's up. Sounds like it could be booster not getting proper power to the speedo electronics, so it act this way, kills motor output, because the RS prioritizes power to receiver first when voltage gets below the threshold it sees going into the electronics. Its a safeguard. Anyway, if your booster has a bad connection or not working properly, (is it the Novak Smartboost? I had a problem with the smartboost as it has a slightly high cutoff voltage which can kick in under high motor load near end of run on 1s lipo pack or if it is a new pack, they take a few runs to break-in it seems). This can also happen if a receiver pack gets low, if you run that instead of a booster, this can also cause this safeguard to kick in.

The low voltage safeguard sounds like your issue maybe. Did your transponder work, was the light on it bright?

Do try the NW setting, as Pakk is correct that the 3Pk has been noted to have this issue with neutral width setting on the RS. Worth a try also.

-Alex

Last edited by oldrcr; 06-28-2009 at 10:31 PM.