R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Newbie question W/O anything funny in it.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:17 AM
gIbDiB-Tuning
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by or8ital
Tamiya TA05 would be a good one to consider. It doesn't come with all the electronics though. For a car you build it will be hard to get a lot under $600 but if you think its something you will stick with its cheaper in the long run to not get the RTR since you will end up replacing all the electronics anyway.

A good value package would be:

Tamiya TA05
Tekin RS speed control plus brushless motor combo
Spektrum DX3 Radio System
Inexpensive metal gear servo like a hitec

You can be competitive with that on a budget. The Tekin RS is upgradable so it should last you a long time. The radio has more then enough features. The only catch is that its probably not under your $600 budget.
Wow 600 bucks...I have a older bolink car, mamba 5700, all parts (steering, axle, partial chassis) I've made myself. .y car rapes my friends e revo nitro with a pico .27.. - built this for under 300 and the motor and esc were 200 alone. if you just watch ebay or other forums you will find a good deal. I mean because what's the point of getting into this if you don't or can't customize yourself.. I goto the hobby store and see the cars for sale. Mine has a bigger motor and battery for a fraction of the cost... Sorry if I sound all over the place I'm sitting in a court room for a speeding ticket and I'm bored..