R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - a little rambling if you care to listen
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 07:02 AM
Frank L
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
intresting guys. Thanx for the perspective. tell me though. What is the main difference between the speed and pro modified version? THe speed sounds like a vspec with a lighter head and coated crank. While the pro has a silcone coated crank and weights for balance? The speed would still be the better of the 3 engines?

The os speed is the full option race engine the main difference is the crank and it's coating, the rod and the work that has been done to it. I am sure the piston and sleeve have some work done to them, the rear bearing is ceramic, the case has been coated black to discard heat easier, and then finally the head has been drilled. You will notice the difference on the track and the bling factor of the speed is off the hook people notice this engine. This engne pushes my truggy arond like it's a buggy and on a large track I can go up a tooth on the clutch bell for more top end and not loose the low end. If you have the extra cash get the speed you will be rewarded. Amain has them rght now for 499.