R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Clutch problem? or what?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 10:49 AM
harleyrules
Tech Apprentice

Default Clutch problem? or what?

I got the original 3-piece alu Kyosho clutch mounted with 1.0 springs and it only has 1 hours driving total.

Went to the track today for some practice and first 10 min was ok taking it easy warming up then started pushing and all of a sudden the car gets a major bog coming out of a turn with lots of smoke trailing like it was really fat and as long as I kept the throttle pinned it bogged.
I let of and blipped it a couple of times and the response was as usual fast and correct. Kept on driving and several turns later it bogged really heavy again when I hit the throttle and I immediatly let off and then got on the gas again and it was normal.

Stopped the car and took of the cb (it looked a little blueish) and the alushoes have a black surface on them, is this normal? Have only used carbon before so I donīt know what they should look like. Bearings and cb looks fine and the springs are seated ok.

Checked the car out and everything looks fine. No visible leaks on the motor anywhere and the tubes and tank also looks nice.

Any ideas??????????

Thanks